The Philippine Librarians’ Association, Inc.-National Capital Region (PLAI-NCR) Librarian’s Council invites Librarians and information professionals to a 2-day Conference on 16-17 October 2012 to be held at the Manila Grand Opera Hotel, Sta. Cruz, Manila.
The theme of the Conference is “The Future of Library Technical Services” and it has the following objectives:
1. Discuss the current landscape and the changes taking place in library, technical services re-defined, and the innovative ways for libraries to transform in the global information environment.
2. Provide a venue to reflect on the traditional interpretations and new understandings of library technical services and how doing selection and acquisitions, cataloging, indexing and abstracting are being transformed in the new information world.
3. Identify the competency gaps and requirements for present and future librarians and information professionals to enable them to respond to the vast changes in library technical services.
Invited Speakers and Resource persons are known experts and authorities in Library technical services. Topics include :
- Evolution of Collection Development and Management
- Transforming Collections : trying to find balance for print and electronic resources
- New Trends and Future Outlook of Cataloging
- Transforming Technical Services : The Growing Need for IT Skills
- Collaboration of Technical Services with IT Services
- Finding your way from AACR to Resource Description and Access (RDA)
- Demystifying RDA
- Evaluation of Technical Services Performance
- Technical Services Staff for the Future – competencies requirements
- Disaster Preparedness and Risk Reduction for Libraries
The fee for this Conference is PHP 3,000.00 and this shall cover the registration, conference kits, lunches and snacks.
For further information please contact ELVIRA B. LAPUZ at GSM +639178553228 and office numbers 9818500 local 2865.